Multi Gas Detector Type Altair 5X
- Durable detector tests levels of combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine and many others depending on sensor configuration
- A rugged polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive a 10ft (3m) drop and is IP 65 certified
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow without the problems of externally-attached components
- High performance XCell sensors last longer:
- Typical life greater than four years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, and SO2 sensors
- Typical life greater than three years for NH3, and Cl2 sensors
- Most sensor response and clear times <15 seconds
- Rapid bump test gives results in under 10 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- MotionAlert option tells others that user has become immobile
- InstantAlert provides manual alarm to alert others of a dangerous situation
- Large buttons and bright display provide easy operation, even when user is wearing gloves
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions user when unit’s sensor is nearing end-of-life
- Versatile MSA Link™ allows user to transmit data to a computer
- GALAXY GX2 System compatible
Multi Gas Detector Type Altair 5X
Unit shall have non-detachable integral pump that is
capable of sampling up to 75 feet (22.86 m) at 0.3 lpm.
Dimensions, pumped unit
Instrument shall not exceed 6.68” L x 3.52″ W x 1.95″ H
(16.9 cm L x 8.9 cm W x 4.2 cm H) in total size.
Dimensions, pumped unit with IR Instrument sh
all not exceed 6.68″ L x 3.52″ W x 1.65″ H
(16.9 cm L x 8.9 cm W x 5.0 cm H) in total size.
Weight shall not exceed 1 lb (453 g) or 1.15 lbs (680 g), (IR version).
Unit shall be a one-handed operation device.
Unit shall have rugged rubberized armor.
Environmental protection Instrument shall be minimum IP65-rated for dust and water ingress.
Instrument display shall be viewable from the front.
Display type :Liquid crystal, high-contrast display (LCD), (1.79” x 1.39”)
(4.5 5 cm x 3.5 cm) with large icons should be visible in bright sunlight.
Display shall be available in color or monochrome options.
Unit provides white backlight for low-light viewing. Backlight time-out to conserve power must be user-adjustable.
Unit must have no more than 3 operational pushbuttons.
Buttons must be easy to operate while gloves are worn.
Access to data log shall be
non-intrusive using infrared links to Windows-ready PCs.
User shall be able to
enable/disable individual sensor channels.
Missing sensor alarm
All sensor channels prov
ide missing sensor alarm if sensor has been
removed and sensor channel has not been disabled.
Combustible gas display Instrument shall be capable of displaying combustible gas reading as %
Lower Explosive Limit (LEL) or 0-100% by volume.
Instrument oxygen sensor shall have built-in pressure compensation.
Instrument shall be available with the following gas sensing options:
Resolution Combustible 0-100%
Carbon monoxide 0-2000 ppm 1 ppm
Hydrogen sulfide 0-200 ppm
Sulfur dioxide 0-20 ppm
Nitrogen dioxide 0-20 ppm
Chlorine dioxide 0-1 ppm
Phosphine 0-5 ppm
Hydrogen cyanide 0-30 ppm
Carbon dioxide 0-10% Vol
Butane, C4H10 0-25% Vol
Methane, CH4 0-100% Vol 1% Vol
Propane, C3H8 0-100% Vol 1% Vol